Unfortunately due to other commitments, we are no longer able to provide support for these themes.

All our themes are now free and can be downloaded by anyone to use/modify however they wish.

We want to thank all our users for their support over the years. All the best in 2020 and beyond.

dropdown menu not working on mobile

oliesclosetoliescloset Fremedy, Clip Cart, Tote
Hi mark,

Not sure if this is a clipcart issue or not. I was getting Google 'not mobile friendly' issues on my woocommerce site. I installed WPtouch plugin (I haven't upgraded to pro yet as I'm not sure about this plugin yet).

The good news is that Google now ranks all my pages as being mobile friendly.
The bad news is that when I use Page-oscope to check my mobile function per device, many show a non-functional drop down menu. Customers need to use that to complete a purchase. What weird is that it's not mobile OS associated. For example, some android, apple, and microsoft phone versions work fine. Other phone versions don't.

I've come up empty regarding solutions. I'm having trouble buying into the idea that if I just upgrade to pro for the WPtouch plugin & buy their wootheme for mobile that the problem will go away.

Do you have any insight on this issue? Thanks in advance Mark!

Comments

• Options
    Mark_HodderMark_Hodder Administrator, Lifetime Member
    Are we still talking about the pet site?

If so, for what it's worth it works fine on my iPhone, have you checked on any other real devices to see if you see the same problem?

My first thought based on your description that it's just an issue with Page-oscope and not a "real" problem that would affect anyone using actual devices.
    Need Additional Help?
    - Check out the Resource Center for helpful tutorials and hints.

• Options
    Welp, I ended up buying the Pro version and their Woocommerce Theme. Not sure when you checked the site, but yeah... that's fixed , LOL. Now there are other issues.. functions on the dashboard for wptouch become inactive once I activate their woo theme. Site is looking pretty good, and at least google is now marking it 'mobile friendly'.

I have a new issue that perhaps you can offer some insight on? Woocommerce Site Message displays fine on desktop and 'dismiss' functions properly, closing it when clicked. On mobile though, a whole different thing (of course). Despite being selected to be active on mobile, it doesn't show.

Tech support gave me a 'freebie' some 'ad extension' but the html code they gave me to insert into into the section in the extension settings doesn't work properly. It doesn't format aesthetically (no css styling) and the 'dismiss' button is non-functional. It's sort of important right now because I haven't had the chance to update all my products with newly available options. The message at the top fills customer's in on that.

Of course they keep talking about theme & plugin conflicts. Thing is, most everything worked with the 'free' version except the 'drop down' menu.

Any thoughts and/or insights would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I would paste the html code in here, which I tried to do but it converted it to regular text once I hit send.
    Post edited by oliescloset on
  • Options
    The easiest thing might be to just find another top banner type plugin, there should be a few free options around, i.e https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-banner/
    Need Additional Help?

• Options
    I ended up putting a static header message for the mobile view. I did see the 'store notice' show up a few times on various devices using pageometer, but who knows

Thanks for the input Mark, I will check out plugins after the holiday season is over. Right now I guess what I have in place will need to be it for now. At least the shop is mobile friendly now...
  • Options
    Ok, glad you got it going!
    Need Additional Help?

This discussion has been closed.