Unfortunately due to other commitments, we are no longer able to provide support for these themes.

All our themes are now free and can be downloaded by anyone to use/modify however they wish.

We want to thank all our users for their support over the years. All the best in 2020 and beyond.

Update Splash Thesis Skin to latest (from v 1.0.6). Skin > Editor > CSS is not saving.

colinsafranekcolinsafranek Lifetime Member
I am doing some maintenance on an old client's website. They were still running Thesis 2.1. and the Splash skin v 1.0.6.

I updated their Thesis version to the latest (2.9.9). Now I need to update to the latest version of the Splash skin. Please advise.

The main reason I want to update to the latest version of the Splash skin is because I am having problems with the custom css. I already followed the instructions for fixing the CSS post Thesis 2.4. I installed the Fix CSS box and ran the fix on all the CSS. But this did not resolve the issue. When I edit the Skin > Editor > CSS and then click the Save CSS button, I see the "Saving CSS..." speech bubble, but it hangs there, never updating/saving the CSS.

Here is my system status:

Thesis & Current Skin
===========================
Thesis Version: 2.9.9
Skin Name: Splash
Skin Version: 1.0.6
Skin CSS: YES → 49kB on 10/15/2019 at 19:00:21
Skin Custom CSS: YES → 5.98kB
Skin Custom PHP: YES → 2.9kB on 09/26/2019 at 05:19:42

Thesis Filesystem
wp-content/thesis: YES
wp-content/thesis/skins: YES
wp-content/thesis/boxes: YES
wp-content/thesis/master.php: YES → 0.1kB on 09/26/2019 at 05:19:41

Thesis Skins and Boxes
Installed Skins: Classic Responsive, Social Triggers, Splash
Installed Boxes: Custom Fields Box, OpenBox, Thesis Developer Tools, Fix CSS
Active Boxes: Custom Fields Box, OpenBox, Thesis Developer Tools, Fix CSS

WordPress
WordPress Version: 5.2.4
Filesystem Method: direct
Using Multisite: NO
Active Plugins: Advanced Custom Fields, Contact Form 7, Duplicator, MOJO Marketplace, Post Types Order, Really Simple CAPTCHA, Simple Page Ordering, OpenHook, User Role Editor, Widget Logic, Yoast SEO, WP Awesome FAQ, Akismet

PHP
Version: 5.6.40
cURL: YES
Max Upload (according to WP): 256 MB
Memory Limit (ini): 1024M
Memory Limit (usage): 15 MB
Memory Limit (WP): 40M

Server/Database
Site URL: https://pollygravely.com
Server Software: Apache
Options Collation: utf8mb4_unicode_ci
MySQL Version: 5.6.41-84.1
PHP Handler: cgi-fcgi

Browser
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_13_3) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/77.0.3865.90 Safari/537.36

Everything seems to be in order. Please help!

Comments

• Options
    Mark_HodderMark_Hodder Administrator, Lifetime Member
    Hi, the issue isn't necessarily with Splash and is just as likely due to the Thesis upgrade itself.

The first thing I would personally do is have their host update that their PHP version as Version: 5.6.40 is very old. Have them ask their host to update them to the latest version of PHP 7.X that the host supports, which will likely be 7.1, 7.2 or 7.3 - the higher the better.
    Need Additional Help?
    - Check out the Resource Center for helpful tutorials and hints.

• Options
    Thanks for the quick reply Mark. Actually I had the host revert to 5.6 from 7, trying to troubleshoot the issue. The same CSS file also wouldn't save before the Thesis update from 2.1. Same exact scenario: the "Custom CSS" file would save just fine, and the Editor > Templates would also save. But the Editor > CSS would not. Do you think that rules out the Thesis version and the PHP version? What else should I look at? Are there any Thesis or Splash error logs I could look at that would record that type of failure? I'm afraid to disable all the plugins since there are some interconnected ones, like Advanced Custom Fields and the like.

Any other suggestions? Thanks again!
  • Options
    I think it's very unlikely that it's Splash, because Splash doesn't have anything to do with the Custom CSS functionality, it's not hooked into that page.

I would go back to PHP 7 first, then I would back up the site.

After that, I would:

- Disable Splash and activate the default Thesis skin, check again - still not working:
    - Disable all plugins - still not working:
    - Contact DIYThemes support and explained what you already tried, as it's something gone wrong with Thesis itself.

- If disabling all plugins makes it work again, then reactivate the plugins one by one, check custom css again until it breaks then you will know the exact plugin causing the issues.

Need Additional Help?

• Options
    ok, I'll give that a try. Thanks.

Now how do I get the Splash skin updated to the latest version (without losing customizations)?
    Is it still maintained/supported? Does it offer automatic updates now? Let me know what the situation is with that. Thanks!
  • Options
    Thesis doesn't give us a way to allow auto-updates unfortunately. We tried a home-baked way at one time but it wasn't sustainable with new Thesis updates that came down.

Backup first, but in general you should be able to just delete the skin and reinstall it without losing anything.
    Need Additional Help?

• Options
    Ok, and can you help me find the latest version of Splash T2? I've been poking around my Themedy account but can't find it. Thanks.
  • Options
    Yep if you click Splash in the list to the top left of this thread you can find it in the Download thread at the top of the post list.
    Need Additional Help?

This discussion has been closed.