Unfortunately due to other commitments, we are no longer able to provide support for these themes.

All our themes are now free and can be downloaded by anyone to use/modify however they wish.

We want to thank all our users for their support over the years. All the best in 2020 and beyond.

Mobile menu does not open/respond

alex_aspinallalex_aspinall Lifetime Member
Hi there! I am using the Quik theme on a client site with WordPress 5.1.1
I have been noticing the mobile menu does not open when clicked. This is true on my iPhone and when I inspect in the mobile view of Chrome. I have not tested other devices just yet.
The site is: https://guadalupehopesociety.org/

Can you please take a look at this?
Thanks!
A

Comments

• Options
    Mark_HodderMark_Hodder Administrator, Lifetime Member
    Hi Alex,

I don't see anything obvious causing that but I do see out of the box it seems to still be working fine on our demo site: https://demo.themedy.com/quik/

Generally, this leads me to first check for plugin conflicts.

I would:

1. Make a backup of your site or have your webhost do it for you.
    2. Disable all your plugins and check if the mobile menu works.
    3. If it does, reenable your plugins one by one and recheck after you enable each plugin. Once the menu stops working again the last plugin you activated would be the cause of the conflict.
    Need Additional Help?
    - Check out the Resource Center for helpful tutorials and hints.

• Options
    Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply. I turned off all plugins and the problem with the dropdown is still there.
    For good measure, I re installed WP and updated Genesis to 2.9.1, the mobile dropdown is still unresponsive.

Please let me know how to resolve this.
    Best,
    Alex
  • Options
    Hi Alex,

Can you send me a WP admin login and FTP connection details to this site to https://themedy.com/forum/messages/add/alex_aspinall
    Need Additional Help?

• Options
    Hi Mark, will do.
    Thanks,
    Alex
  • Options
    Okay, I sent you info to the link you posted. Thanks! Let me know if you need anything else.
    Best,
    Alex
  • Options
    The solution provided via private chat:

Quik requires the primary menu be enabled for the mobile menu to work. If you would like to only enable the secondary menu on the site, you can create a blank primary menu to assign to the primary menu slot. It adds a blank section at the top of the site where the primary menu would be, but that can also be further hidden with CSS if need be.
    Need Additional Help?

This discussion has been closed.