Unfortunately due to other commitments, we are no longer able to provide support for these themes.

All our themes are now free and can be downloaded by anyone to use/modify however they wish.

We want to thank all our users for their support over the years. All the best in 2020 and beyond.

Switched over to FOCUS, then switched back to ClipCart and everything went wrong

dorian_jepsendorian_jepsen Lifetime Member
I'm using Wordpress v5.1. I gave the new FOCUS skin a try and decided to go back to clipcart and a lot of my settings/styles have been lost. The main product image still show on archive/category pages, but no longer display on the actual product page itself. The related products used to display AFTER all of the product content, but now the words "related products" appear in the sidebar. The styling for the product "tabs" has been lost so now they display as a plain bullet list.

Please advise how to get my original appearance back.

Comments

• Options
    This would be a direct link to the page described above... https://www.my4by.com/product/daystar-kj09103bk
  • Options
    Mark_HodderMark_Hodder Administrator, Lifetime Member
    edited March 2019
    I'm guessing there is no backup to restore from correct? If there is, then that would be my first choice. If you don't have a backup go and get a backup plugin and make a backup first before attempting anything else in case anything gets worse.

I'm not sure what's going on with your tabs and stuff as all the styling for that comes from WooCommerce, not Clip Cart, and when I look at your HTML the WooCommerce CSS is not being applied at all on the product pages.

After you've made a full site backup try in the following order:

(Check the site after each step to see if it's any better, no need to continue the steps if it's fixed)

1. Disabling any cache type plugins or services you might be using i.e CloudFlare.
    2. WordPress - Settings - Permalinks, resave this page twice without changing anything.
    3. Deactivate and reactivate WooCommerce.
    4. Thesis Skin Editor -> Data Manager -> Create New Backup
    5. In the same area in the skin, editor restore one of the backups before the one you just created.

Post edited by Mark_Hodder on
    Need Additional Help?
    - Check out the Resource Center for helpful tutorials and hints.

• Options
    I didn't deactivate Thesis so I was not aware that creating a backup would be necessary. I have switched from ClipCart to Classic Responsive and back on a few occasions and no data was ever lost so I anticipated the same with Focus. I will try your suggestions and post back.
  • Options
    Mark_HodderMark_Hodder Administrator, Lifetime Member
    That's certainly what should of happened but I can't speak for Focus - haven't tried it myself yet :)
    Need Additional Help?
    - Check out the Resource Center for helpful tutorials and hints.

This discussion has been closed.