Unfortunately due to other commitments, we are no longer able to provide support for these themes.

All our themes are now free and can be downloaded by anyone to use/modify however they wish.

We want to thank all our users for their support over the years. All the best in 2020 and beyond.

How to link features

mr_guerreromr_guerrero Lifetime Member
Hi.

I want to activate Line it Up 2 theme.

I activated it in preview mode. But i don't know how achieve this:

I need to show some featured content on home page with short description and icon, and do this area "clickeable" to show entire content.

The exact example what i want is on elderlawfirm.com

We can click in features as: START HERE, WHEN YOU NEED MEDICAID NOW!, MEET YOUR TEAM, etc and then go to a new URL.

In my tests that is not posible. I created two entries of type Feature, i can see that at home page, but no are clickeable. How i can do it clickeable?

Thanks for your help.

PS: I don`t share URL because my site is using another theme now. I'm testing for activate Line it Up 2, but i'm having this issue.

Comments

• Options
    Mark_HodderMark_Hodder Administrator, Lifetime Member
    That is not a default feature of this theme, it works like our demo site here: https://demo.themedy.com/line-it-up-2/

However, you can make this unsupported change in box.php by changing this line around line 586:

echo '<h4 class="widget_title widgettitle">'.get_the_title($post->ID).'</h4>';

to:

echo '<a href="'.get_permalink($post->ID).'"><h4 class="widget_title widgettitle">'.get_the_title($post->ID).'</h4></a>';
    Need Additional Help?
    - Check out the Resource Center for helpful tutorials and hints.

• Options
    mr_guerreromr_guerrero Lifetime Member
    edited August 2018
    Mark, thanks a lot. Modifying box.php the link appears, but when i click on feature, is not redirecting.

Now i activated the skin into my site, you can see here.

I try too to modify the url of the featured content, i don't want the word themedy_features into the URL. I can redirect the link to another page of my site and delete themedy_features in my URL?

Thanks for your help.

EDIT: That works now because i'm redirecting from .htaccess but i want to show the URL directly, as elderlawfirm.com

PS: As sugestion, i think it will be very useful if you add this posibility with out modify box.php in one future theme update.

Thanks!
    Post edited by mr_guerrero on
This discussion has been closed.