Unfortunately due to other commitments, we are no longer able to provide support for these themes.

All our themes are now free and can be downloaded by anyone to use/modify however they wish.

We want to thank all our users for their support over the years. All the best in 2020 and beyond.

Fix CSS doesn't fix: Derby on Thesis

ssandssand Lifetime Member
Client just complained her site is wonky... and it is, but only on Firefox. Chrome works as expected, but Firefox appears to be trying to load the mobile version. This is Derby.

I ran Fix CSS, cleared cookies, rebooted Firefox - no luck.

Help, I'm out of ideas!

https://cl.ly/3d1Y1x0H3X2o

Comments

• Options
    Mark_HodderMark_Hodder Administrator, Lifetime Member
    You might want to try Fix CSS again as it looks to be the usual Thesis issue.

If you view source on the site and look at the css.css file, you'll see the trademark Thesis upgrade issue with the backslashes followed by the double quotes.

\"whatever\"

i.e
    .archive_title {
    	font-family:Arial, \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, sans-serif;
    }
    Until all those are fixed it'll be wonky - which the Fix CSS box is supposed to take care of.

So I would try and run it again, if it still doesn't work you can either contact DIYThemes to see what's up with their box or go into Thesis Skin Editor -> CSS and make the fixes manually by removing the backslashes that show up before double quotes (not single quotes).

Use the data manager tab in the skin editor to create a backup before attempting to fix manually.
    Need Additional Help?
    - Check out the Resource Center for helpful tutorials and hints.

• Options
    ssandssand Lifetime Member
    I don't get it - there were no backslashes followed by the double quotes in my custom CSS. And it still looks wonky on my Firefox even after deleting cookies and restarting.

BUT the client says it's fixed on her end now.

So I'm letting this one go for now. It's not the first time this happened so I'm wondering if Derby on Genesis is the better way to go instead of Thesis.

Thanks for trying to troubleshoot.
  • Options
    Mark_HodderMark_Hodder Administrator, Lifetime Member
    ha - yeah still broken on my end too so she may be back.

There are two places to look for the backslash issues, your custom CSS but also the Thesis Skin Editor -> CSS page aka https://karenleecooking.com/wp-content/thesis/skins/derby-t2/css.css

That's where I'm still seeing the issue, if you search for this line for example:

#submit,.gform_footer .button,input[type=\"button\"],input[type=\"submit\"],a.button,.button,a.comment-reply-link,.input_submit, .prev_next a {

When you run the fix CSS box you have to run it with all the options checked and it "should" be getting all this automatically. If for some reason it's not then you would have to do the options I mentioned above (or just move to Genesis like you said, although that requires a bit of work as well)
    Need Additional Help?
    - Check out the Resource Center for helpful tutorials and hints.

This discussion has been closed.