Unfortunately due to other commitments, we are no longer able to provide support for these themes.

All our themes are now free and can be downloaded by anyone to use/modify however they wish.

We want to thank all our users for their support over the years. All the best in 2020 and beyond.

Place file in "/theme/" directory?

jrichwagenjrichwagen Lifetime Member
Using WP 4.9.6 & Thesis 2.6.3

A plug in is instructing me to:

"To make your own templates that override these defaults, you just need to create identical files under a fdm-templates directory in your theme. So if you wanted to override the image.php file, you would copy the file from the plugin to /path/to/your/theme/fdm-templates/image.php."

I have the code to use, but cannot figure out where to place this copied file. I know the code works when I edit the file in the plug-ins directory (which could be overwritten when updated).

A screenshot of the file structure: http://box5643.temp.domains/~palermo9/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/FileStructure.jpg
Jody Richwagen
Antrimweb Internet Marketing
www.antrimweb.com

Comments

• Options
    Mark_HodderMark_Hodder Administrator, Lifetime Member
    I doubt that would work the same with Thesis - best to contact diythemes.com though to see what they have to say about this.
    Need Additional Help?
    - Check out the Resource Center for helpful tutorials and hints.

• Options
    jrichwagenjrichwagen Lifetime Member
    Mark,
    Thanks! I'll contact DIY Themes - have a feeling it won't work. I've tried putting the file everywhere and it won't override the default template.

Thanks,
    Jody
    Jody Richwagen
    Antrimweb Internet Marketing
    www.antrimweb.com
This discussion has been closed.