Unfortunately due to other commitments, we are no longer able to provide support for these themes.

All our themes are now free and can be downloaded by anyone to use/modify however they wish.

We want to thank all our users for their support over the years. All the best in 2020 and beyond.

Fresh Install on New Site - Problems with Clip Cart

oliesclosetoliescloset Fremedy, Clip Cart, Tote
Using WP 4.9.6 & Thesis 2.6.3 - Clip Cart 1.2.3

Began building a new site and wanted to use many CSS settings from the last site. Nothing is working so far. I can't fill with the background I want, amongst other design problems. For some reason Footer Widgets are sitting all the way up with the header image. I don't have a lot of content yet, but enough that everything appears to be all mixed up. Sku's Categories & Tags are showing up on product listings... really screwy looking.. Using Woocommerce 3.4.1

This is a new, fresh install. I spent last weekend getting hostgator to update PHP, SQL, & Apache to the latest version. I don't understand a a lot of that but it's all up to date.

So is there something I need to do? Everything looks really weird and screwed up...

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    matt_hoddermatt_hodder Moderator, Lifetime Member
    The skin seems to work fine for me when I try it on a fresh install.

Can you link to your site so I can take a look at the issue?

The background can be set in the Customizer. (Appearance > Customizer and then click Colors).

It's possible this may be because some of the recent updates to Thesis which caused some issues in our skins. You can try adding the following code to your Thesis > Custom CSS page and see if it clears up the issue:
    .clearfix:after {
    	content: '';
    }
  • Options
    I found the Thesis CSS fix, installed that, and it appears to have fixed most things.. there were \ / where they weren't supposed to be .... the fix got rid of them... don't understand why that happened at all because it was only supposed to happen with updates.. I dunno...

I finally got the backgrounds working, but am struggling to get a header image to sit above the body background image... pulling my hair out... right now it's sitting behind the banner, only peaks out above the banner, but doesn't stretch to the left, right, and not sure if I will like the look if it's extending below a bit to the top of the nav bar..

Right now the CSS for it is:

#header .wrap {
    background-image: url('images/LIGHTER-Seamless-Colored-Zig-Zag-Stripes-Background-OC.jpg');
    background-position: top;
    background-repeat: repeat-x;
    padding-top: 25px;
    width: -moz-max-content;
    }

I've tried setting the width to 100%, background size to cover...nothing works...

http://customdesigndogcollars.com/product-category/dog-collars/100-webbing-collars/
  • Options
    Actually, it needs to be the 'header' but I can't seem to figure out how to add that... I dunno..
  • Options
    matt_hoddermatt_hodder Moderator, Lifetime Member
    edited June 2018
    You'd just use the same css but on the #header element. So just rename your #header .wrap {...} block to #header {...} as shown:
    #header {
      background-image: url('images/LIGHTER-Seamless-Colored-Zig-Zag-Stripes-Background-OC.jpg');
      background-position: top;
      background-repeat: repeat-x;
      padding-top: 25px;
    }
    Post edited by matt_hodder on
  • Options
    That worked :) BUT it doesn't extend low enough.. I think it would look best if it extends downward to the top edge of the content/columns...
  • Options
    I figured it out. Take a look... had to add the 'wrap' back into it because it was no longer mobile responsive. But I think it looks much better now. THANKS for your help! Always appreciated !
    http://customdesigndogcollars.com/product-category/dog-collars/
This discussion has been closed.