Unfortunately due to other commitments, we are no longer able to provide support for these themes.

All our themes are now free and can be downloaded by anyone to use/modify however they wish.

We want to thank all our users for their support over the years. All the best in 2020 and beyond.

Translation troubles

antonioperrecaantonioperreca Support Expired
Hello everyone, I wonder if you can help me.
I'm using on my site the child theme fremedy, and I'v got two problems translating the strings into italian. I used both locotranslate and genesis translations project.
First problem is, there was a wrong translation into the genesis translation project for the string "speack your mind": it should be translated as "dì cosa ne pensi" or "lascia un commento", but someone translated it literally as "parla la tua mente", which makes no sense. I edited with the correct translation two months ago but it's still waiting for approval, and by now there is still the wrong translation on my site... Can I do something about it?
The second problem is with the string "back to top", in the footer part. I should translate it but I cannot find it in genesis translations nor in loco translate. Where should I look?
Thank you

Comments

• Options
    matt_hoddermatt_hodder Moderator, Lifetime Member
    Hello,

- You're going to have to check with the Genesis team on the first issue (we're not directly affiliated). You can find their website here: https://www.studiopress.com/

- However, you may want to look at this documentation to see if it can help you change the text for now: https://help.themedy.com/General/Changing_Hard_Coded_Theme_Text

- To change the "back to top" text, you can add the following to the end of your custom/custom_functions.php file:
    // Customizes go to top text
    remove_filter('genesis_footer_backtotop_text', 'footer_backtotop_filter');
    add_filter('genesis_footer_backtotop_text', 'custom_footer_backtotop_filter');
    function custom_footer_backtotop_filter($backtotop) {
        $backtotop = '[footer_backtotop text="YOUR TEXT HERE"]';
        return $backtotop;
    } 
    changing YOUR TEXT HERE to whatever you need it to be.
  • Options
    antonioperrecaantonioperreca Support Expired
    Thank you very much :)
This discussion has been closed.