Unfortunately due to other commitments, we are no longer able to provide support for these themes.

All our themes are now free and can be downloaded by anyone to use/modify however they wish.

We want to thank all our users for their support over the years. All the best in 2020 and beyond.

Walker PHP issue on staging site

aprilapril Lifetime Member
Hi guys, I have a live site here that's working fine:
https://www.maurerfoundation.org/

However when I create a staging site on WPengine:
http://maurerfound.staging.wpengine.com/

I get a bunch of error codes at the top referencing theme files. I saw your other forum post on this issue, but I've checked both my live and staging site and they are both PHP 7.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Comments

• Options
    Mark_HodderMark_Hodder Administrator, Lifetime Member
    It's only a warning not an error so I'm guessing the staging site just shows more error codes for debugging purposes that won't appear on the live site.

We'll make a note to check into it for the next update but it won't be released until more issues need to be fixed. You can safely ignore it for now.
    Need Additional Help?
    - Check out the Resource Center for helpful tutorials and hints.

• Options
    Thanks! Good to know it's not an issue!
  • Options
    Hi guys, running into this issue again, this time on a live site, different site, but same theme. Here's what it says on the site:

Warning: Declaration of DropDown_Nav_Menu::start_lvl(&$output, $depth) should be compatible with Walker_Nav_Menu::start_lvl(&$output, $depth = 0, $args = Array) in /var/www/astromasonry/staging-site/wp-content/thesis/skins/grind-t2/skin.php on line 379 Warning: Declaration of DropDown_Nav_Menu::end_lvl(&$output, $depth) should be compatible with Walker_Nav_Menu::end_lvl(&$output, $depth = 0, $args = Array) in /var/www/astromasonry/staging-site/wp-content/thesis/skins/grind-t2/skin.php on line 379 Warning: Declaration of DropDown_Nav_Menu::start_el(&$output, $item, $depth, $args) should be compatible with Walker_Nav_Menu::start_el(&$output, $item, $depth = 0, $args = Array, $id = 0) in /var/www/astromasonry/staging-site/wp-content/thesis/skins/grind-t2/skin.php on line 379 Warning: Declaration of DropDown_Nav_Menu::end_el(&$output, $item, $depth) should be compatible with Walker_Nav_Menu::end_el(&$output, $item, $depth = 0, $args = Array) in /var/www/astromasonry/staging-site/wp-content/thesis/skins/grind-t2/skin.php on line 379

Live site is astromasory.com

We just updated to PHP7 on this server. I'm guessing that has something to do with it?
  • Options
    I just commented out the addition of the PHP7 from our .htaccess file for now, just so the errors don't show on the live site. Would love a permanent fix though!
  • Options
    I got it! I edited skin.php and made these changes:

Line 330:
    function start_lvl( &$output, $depth = 0, $args = array() ) {

Line 334:
    function end_lvl( &$output, $depth = 0, $args = array() ) {

Line 348:
    function start_el( &$output, $item, $depth = 0, $args = array(), $id = 0 ) {

Line 376:
    function end_el( &$output, $item, $depth = 0, $args = array() ) {

This got rid of all the errors.
  • Options
    Mark_HodderMark_Hodder Administrator, Lifetime Member
    Great!

If this was a live site then you should definitely ask your host to disable printing PHP warning notices to the screen as well - they should be outputted to a log file instead not open to the public like that.
    Need Additional Help?
    - Check out the Resource Center for helpful tutorials and hints.

This discussion has been closed.