Unfortunately due to other commitments, we are no longer able to provide support for these themes.

All our themes are now free and can be downloaded by anyone to use/modify however they wish.

We want to thank all our users for their support over the years. All the best in 2020 and beyond.

content excerpt not showing & missing header

Hi All!
I'm late to the game and have already updated Wordpress and Genesis to new(ish) versions. I have made lots of changes so unfortunately I can't go back to older versions.

1. My product category content excerpts are only showing one word. I saw some notes in the forum to change the following, except I'm not sure where to do this as I'm using Genesis not Thesis:
In /wp-content/thesis/skins/clip-cart/box.php you can change the second occurrence of this line (line 427):
$excerpt = get_the_excerpt();
to:
$excerpt = get_the_content();
2. My homepage banner sliders are not visible. I'm not able to access the diythemes.com forums mentioned as I am not a member, so I'm not sure what to try.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Monika

Comments

• Options
    Mark_HodderMark_Hodder Administrator, Lifetime Member
    Hi what is the URL to your site so we can see the issue live?
    Need Additional Help?
    - Check out the Resource Center for helpful tutorials and hints.

• Options
    moeblismoeblis Clip Cart
    trilogyscriptureresources.com
  • Options
    Thanks - you should first update to the latest Clip Cart for the latest Genesis: https://themedy.com/forum/discussion/294/download-the-clip-cart-theme#latest

Make sure to take a backup of your site first so you can revert if anything goes wrong. You basically just delete the old Clip Cart and install from the latest download here - if you have changed any of the theme files directly you would need to make notes of those and do those changes again on the latest version.
    Need Additional Help?

• Options
    moeblismoeblis Clip Cart
    Thanks, Mark! I'll try that.
  • Options
    Hey Mark, I'm not able to click on the link you sent. I'm getting this error:

"You must click the link directly from the download thread and be logged in to access this link."

I'm logged in, so I'm not sure the problem. Can you help?
  • Options
    Click Clip Cart on the bar on the left and click on the first download thread and see if you can get in that way. Otherwise you might have to try logging out / in again and / or clearing your browser cache and trying again.

The link is working on my end right now.
    Need Additional Help?

• Options
    Hi Mark! I was able to download the newest version. I've never reinstalled a theme before - what's the best way to do this? I have my site backed up. When I tried to install it, it said I already had it installed (maybe because it's the same name?). Do I need to then install and activate a sample theme, find a way to delete the old Clip Cart, then install and activate the new Clip Cart? Seems like there is a better way, so I wanted to ask.

Also, will I have to reenter everything in the new theme? I worked on this site so long ago I can't remember how I customized it.

Basically I'm trying to make this transition as seamless as possible.

Thanks for your guidance - I really appreciate it!
  • Options
    The backup first is most important.

Then yes, just deactivate and delete your existing Clip Cart, reinstall and reactivate the new version, you can do all that through the Appearance -> Themes screen, so it's quick and nothing should be lost.

If it 's all messed up for some reason you can then just restore to your backup in the worst case scenario.
    Need Additional Help?

This discussion has been closed.