Unfortunately due to other commitments, we are no longer able to provide support for these themes.

All our themes are now free and can be downloaded by anyone to use/modify however they wish.

We want to thank all our users for their support over the years. All the best in 2020 and beyond.

Slider disappeared

ssandssand Lifetime Member
Portfolio slider disappeared. It's specified, and portfolio records exist. They were showing, then disappeared.

I tried everything! Nothing works.

1) I tried both specifying page ID's and leaving that field blank
2) I tried different slider types - pages, posts, portfolio
3) I tried resetting the default and editing them again

Comments

• Options
    This may be related. Header image refuses to show.

• Options
    If you want to see this site live you have to add this to your hosts file:

162.144.181.224 karenleecooking.com www.karenleecooking.com
  • Options
    figured out the header image problem.
  • Options
    Mark_HodderMark_Hodder Administrator, Lifetime Member
    In the PayPal widget at the end there is:

<!-- END PAYPAL —>

should be:

<!-- END PAYPAL -->

Two dashes instead of the solid line basically - or just delete that all together it isn't necessary.
    Need Additional Help?
    - Check out the Resource Center for helpful tutorials and hints.

• Options
    Thank you. Unfortunately I am going to blow this away and start over using the backup buddy clone. Derby on Thesis still doesn't work but trying to recreate using Genesis is taking so long, and nothing is going smoothly.

Featured images didn't import over; media library has to be registered using a plugin in small batches; plugin (ZipList for recipes) data can't be imported either and there is no way I am copy/pasting that data by hand.

I bought the Host Gator "WordPress" plan but SURPRISE! this plan doesn't offer any cpanel or ability to modify SQL tables, or deploy my backup via FTP.

So I need to abandon the "WordPress" plan and start over with a normal plan that gives me these options so I can deploy from my clone. And then figure out why Derby doesn't work on Thesis.

Sorry, venting. //end rant
  • Options
    Mark_HodderMark_Hodder Administrator, Lifetime Member
    Ok, hopefully the Thesis will work on the new plan - might be to late but if HostGator has a refund period, check the TigerTech banner on the left sidebar of the forums. They rock and are much better then HostGator IMO.
    Need Additional Help?
    - Check out the Resource Center for helpful tutorials and hints.

This discussion has been closed.