Unfortunately due to other commitments, we are no longer able to provide support for these themes.

All our themes are now free and can be downloaded by anyone to use/modify however they wish.

We want to thank all our users for their support over the years. All the best in 2020 and beyond.

Need to know when fix is available for Derby on Thesis 2.4

ssandssand Lifetime Member
Upgraded to Thesis 2.4 and only *after* deleting older backups of a client site (to save space... lesson learned) did I realize the problems... namely, nothing in Thesis → Skin Content is rendering properly, see screenshot.

When might the fix be available and can I sign up for an email notification when it is?

Thanks!

Site: http://karenleecooking.com/

Comments

• Options
    screenshot:

• Options
    Mark_HodderMark_Hodder Administrator, Lifetime Member
    Did you try using the Thesis Fix CSS box in the link in the warning box about Thesis 2.4 at the top of this page? That seems to fix most issues for people.
    Need Additional Help?
    - Check out the Resource Center for helpful tutorials and hints.

• Options
    Sorry - yes I did that. This fix worked perfectly on other skins but not this one. I think I must have updated to Thesis 2.4 on the first day because these warnings weren't published yet :-|
  • Options
    Can you access the Skin Content options area still?

I'm thinking if you go into the options for those areas you'll just have to manually delete those "\" - which is mostly what the Fix CSS box is suppose to do automatically.

The missing images and things are probably just because they also contain the slashes that need to be deleted manually and the option resaved.
    Need Additional Help?

• Options
    Yep I tried that too, but if I take out the slashes, it puts them right back in. :neutral:

• Options
    OK I tried removing the quotes entirely. That sorta works, but not if I really need them, for example a button with the words "More about me" on it.

How to designate quotation marks?

This code renders a button with the just the icon, no text:

[themedy_button url=http://karenleecooking.com/about/ icon=info-circle label=\"More about me\" colour=red colour_custom=#b6050f size=medium edge=straight target=_self]

This code renders a button with the icon and the first word "More"

[themedy_button url=http://karenleecooking.com/about/ icon=info-circle label=More about me colour=red colour_custom=#b6050f size=medium edge=straight target=_self]
  • Options
    ASCII codes?
  • Options
    this didn't work "
  • Options
    apostrophes also problem.

• Options
    So strange. On subsequent save, it adds two more slashes. Oh and I deleted the CSS box, if that matters. Thought that could have been the problem but no change.

• Options
    Weird - I just tried 2.4.1 with Derby on my test domain and don't get these issues.

If you haven't already I would re-run the Fix CSS box with all the options it gives you.

Backup your site first in case things get any worse ha.

If that doesn't work you should contact Thesis support http://diythemes.com/support/request/ - as Derby doesn't do much of anything in the Skin Content section - the core of that is all run through Thesis itself.

Let us know what you find out.
    Need Additional Help?

• Options
    Complete mess. My client's host no longer offers hosting, they grandfathered her in but won't upgrade PHP.

So I moved her to Host Gator. Derby on Thesis still doesn't work. So I switched to Genesis and spent entire day re-creating everything.

More problems. Please close this ticket and I'll open new one.
This discussion has been closed.