Unfortunately due to other commitments, we are no longer able to provide support for these themes.

All our themes are now free and can be downloaded by anyone to use/modify however they wish.

We want to thank all our users for their support over the years. All the best in 2020 and beyond.

Brisket navigation showing up twice

nhtiltonnhtilton Fremedy, Reactiv, Stage 2
edited June 2017 in Theme Customization
Hi, My navigation menu is showing up in duplicate. I tried removing the secondary navigation from the editor and that did not work. Any suggestions?
Post edited by Mark_Hodder on

Comments

• Options
    Mark_HodderMark_Hodder Administrator, Lifetime Member
    Could you post a link to your site so I can see what you mean?
    Need Additional Help?
    - Check out the Resource Center for helpful tutorials and hints.

• Options
    Thanks, Mark!
    What I ended up doing was creating a blank menu called "nothing" and setting the secondary menu to that. It worked well. I set it back to "Select a WP menu" so that you can see what it is doing. If there is a better solution, I would love to know!
  • Options
    www.loveyourliving.com
  • Options
    Thank you so much for helping, Mark. Another question...Is there a way I can get the front page (using it pretty much the way it came) to scale properly on mobile devices? The full width comes up ok but the "no template" doesn't scale well. Could my images be too big? If so, where would I find the optimal images sizes?
  • Options
    No, the blank menu solution is fine.

The menu is setup to be able to control a left and right menu, so the other solution is to split your menu into two pieces and apply one half to each menu areas.

I'm not seeing any real issues on mobile with your site as it is now, have you gotten it worked out?

Need Additional Help?

• Options
    Hi Mark!

Thank you for responding. Good to know about the menus!

As far as the scaling, on my Samsung s7 the image (It's not a header - it's a background image, I think) shows up cropped heavily on both sides so that you only see a portion of the text. I'll see how it loads on another phone and clear my history. That might help?

Waiting to get this sorted out before doing much more :-)

Nancy
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Ok I see what you mean, the background cropping is normal and necessary.

I would suggest creating another smaller version of the background image with smaller text for smaller screen sizes, then using CSS to apply it by adding something like this to your Thesis Custom CSS:
    @media only screen and (max-width: 640px) {

.site-header {
        background-image: url(http://loveyourliving.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/MY-MOBILE-IMAGE.jpg) !important;
    }

}
    You can start at 640px wide but you may have to experiment with the 640px above as well as the image size (which in this case should be about 640px wide - to see which works best on your devices.
    Post edited by Mark_Hodder on
    Need Additional Help?

• Options
    Awesome! I'll give that a try.
  • Options
    It kind of worked...The substitution worked well but the banner I was using would not size properly no matter how I resized it in photoshop. I got crafty and reworked the text and like the way it looks now. Thank you for all of your help. Have a great weekend!
This discussion has been closed.