Unfortunately due to other commitments, we are no longer able to provide support for these themes.

All our themes are now free and can be downloaded by anyone to use/modify however they wish.

We want to thank all our users for their support over the years. All the best in 2020 and beyond.

Front Page: reordering / adding / removing sections

shoppingelleshoppingelle Support Expired
I was trying to add a new section for clients' testimonials on my Front Page, but have inadvertently reorganised the portfolio section so that it appears below my "I Love What I Do" section.

Truth be told, when I go into the back end of the Front Page to add boxes, I don't really know what's what (I'm new to Thesis 2). Here's what I have:

Screenshot: image

Would someone be so kind as to tell me how to do the following?

1) Which boxes do I need to reorder so the Front Page has the portfolio tiles at the top, followed by the "I Love What I Do" section?
2) Which box do I remove to delete the Location section (which appears as a large white space on the FP)?
3) Which box is best for creating a testimonials section (thumbnail + blurb only)?

I've been tinkering around all morning, but my experiments have failed!

Thank you for any help you can provide :D

- Lauren / http://goldbirdcreative.com

Comments

• Options
    Mark_HodderMark_Hodder Administrator, Lifetime Member
    Hi Lauren,

"Themedy Photo Grid" is the portfolio tiles so that can go back into the default spot of in the "Container" box under "Header": http://cloud.themedy.com/422R0T2O0H3R/Screenshot 2017-05-15 17.07.21.png

"Themedy Location Section" is the location section so it can be removed.

For creating a testimonials section I would try a * Widgets box, that will give you a new widget area under Appearance -> Widgets to add in a testimonial widget. The testimonial widget itself you would get from a regular WordPress testimonial plugin. Or a * Text box would give you a new area under Thesis -> Skin Content to just enter in straight text / HTML for a more basic option.

Make sure to take advantage of the Skin Editor -> Data Manager - to be taking snap shot backups of your templates as you progress so you can easily restore back if you mess something up along the way ;)
    Need Additional Help?
    - Check out the Resource Center for helpful tutorials and hints.

• Options
    Mark_HodderMark_Hodder Administrator, Lifetime Member
    Also you probably have to use this plugin to regenerate any images that were on the site before the new theme (as a general rule always when switching themes) if you haven't already: https://wordpress.org/plugins/ajax-thumbnail-rebuild/#installation
    Need Additional Help?
    - Check out the Resource Center for helpful tutorials and hints.

• Options
    shoppingelleshoppingelle Support Expired
    Fantastic!! Thank you so much, Mark. That fixed the issues I described! I also appreciate the follow-up message. In my case, this is a brand new site, but that plugin is good to have on my radar. Thank you again :D
This discussion has been closed.