Unfortunately due to other commitments, we are no longer able to provide support for these themes.

All our themes are now free and can be downloaded by anyone to use/modify however they wish.

We want to thank all our users for their support over the years. All the best in 2020 and beyond.

Portfolio Grid Questions

annashineannashine Lifetime Member
edited February 2017 in Grind
Hi. Just a few questions regarding the front page portfolio grid here: sovereignsouls.com/

1. The featured images in the grid are a little fuzzy. Here's what I've tried to make them appear sharp and clear.
-installed simple image sizes plug-in, made the sizing changes and it was ineffective (I made sure to regenerate)
-added this custom css: .portfolio-grid img.post-image {width: auto;}
-searched through prior discussions about this matter here via the Themedy forum and the Thesis forums, tried some suggestions, no change

I don't know how to get these portfolio grid images to not be blurry. I pre-sized them at 700 x 700 figuring that was good enough for clarity. Is there somewhere I need to manually access the WP featured image settings?

2. I'd like to have 4 portfolio grid columns (there's three now). Is there a particular way to achieve this? I've looked for solutions but I'm not sure what to do.

3. How many images will the portfolio grid accommodate? I'd like to have 21.

Thank you!
Post edited by annashine on

Comments

• Options
    Mark_HodderMark_Hodder Administrator, Lifetime Member
    Hi Anna,

Do you mean just when in the portfolio on the page or the actual source image it's pulling from i.e: http://sovereignsouls.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/abundance-265x200.jpg

Do you have a link to the full image pre-upload for the example above?

Need Additional Help?
    - Check out the Resource Center for helpful tutorials and hints.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Hi Mark, thank you.

Here's the image in the media library: http://sovereignsouls.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/abundance.jpg at 700 x 700px... I think that's what you were asking for? It's as if the system is taking the image and downsizing it to 150 x 150 or something and then trying to up-size it to 265x200, thus rendering it sort of blurry.

The grid thumbnails don't look terrible and I can live with them if there's no remedy, perhaps upload a more lossless format like a png file and sharpen them up a bit beforehand. But I'd prefer for the thumbnails to just be clear and high quality from the start.
  • Options
    Yeah weird, I do see the loss. Our theme itself isn't doing anything in regards to compression - it would be stock WordPress functionality.

It does automatically compress jpegs for sure - you might want to see if this helps by changing the level: http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-increase-or-decrease-wordpress-jpeg-image-compression/

There is a custom.php file in the /wp-content/thesis/skins/grind-t2/ folder you could drop that code into or a plugin like they say in the article. You'll have to regenerate afterwards to see any change, let me know if that helps.
    Need Additional Help?

• Options
    edited February 2017
    I see, yes I can change the levels and observe how that goes. As you said, it isn't a theme issue so thanks for ruling that out.

When you have a chance can you answer my other two questions...

2. I'd like to have 4 portfolio grid columns (there's three now). Is this possible? I've looked for solutions but I'm not sure what to do. When I added the borders and space between the thumbnails in the grid, it automatically turned into the 3-Columns.

3. How many thumbnail images will the portfolio grid accommodate? I think you said in an earlier support discussion it is a finite amount. Perhaps it's different now. I'd like to have 21.

Thank you!

• Options
    Yep check your "Thesis -> Skin content: Themedy Grind Portfolio and/or Themedy Portfolio Template" links depending on which page you mean to change the number of items shown.

When you added the space you ran out of room for four so you would either need to create a wider overall area or use smaller images.

The easiest solution is probably increasing that area by adding something like this to your Thesis Custom CSS screen:

#portfolio-area .wrap {width: 1120px;}
    Need Additional Help?

• Options
    Perfect, thanks so much! Really appreciating this skin. :)
This discussion has been closed.