Unfortunately due to other commitments, we are no longer able to provide support for these themes.

All our themes are now free and can be downloaded by anyone to use/modify however they wish.

We want to thank all our users for their support over the years. All the best in 2020 and beyond.

Strange thing going on regarding product listing appearance & I can't figure out why...

oliesclosetoliescloset Fremedy, Clip Cart, Tote
edited February 2017 in Clip Cart
You can see the site I'm having issues with at:
http://oliescloset.com/product-category/ribbon/

I have been having this really strange thing happening the past month or so and I can't for the life of me figure out what's causing it. When I list new products and create new product categories, the price is changed to a HUGE font size, and the colors often are changed to white instead of remaining black. There is also an additional gold tab added to the 'more info' caption.

I haven't added any new plugins, and actually haven't updated any for some time right now. Currently the WP, Thesis, and CC versions are all the same as they were originally. I haven't changed anything, and can't understand why the appearance of new products added looks so screwed up.

If you look at the 1st product at the link posted above, you can see the 'more info' tab has a gold tab added to the top and the price range for the product is huge. The other products on the page all appear the way they are supposed to.

Here is another page to look at: http://oliescloset.com/product-category/ribbon/exclusive-wholesale-ribbon/
Here the price is large and white, and the 'more info' tab is colored green, and not gold like the page posted above.

This is driving me nuts. I tried adding a new product and this time it looked good but also added the the item description beneath. This is how all my products look on my other website and actually looks like this on this product category page:
http://oliescloset.com/product-category/ribbon/design-your-own-ribbon/

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Post edited by oliescloset on

Comments

• Options
    Okay, I have narrowed down some of the problem but I don't really understand why it's affecting the display. If I remove the 'product short description' from the new products, it reverts back to the 'normal' view on a Product Category Page with a normal sized price, 'more info' button, and also a portion of the item description.

It's really weird because I have some products with and active 'product short description' that has content, but then on the product page, the short item description doesn't show although the price and 'more info' button display normally.

IF I remove the PSD, then the short item description shows up on the product page and the price and 'more info' button display properly.

I just don't understand why it's making such a difference, and why the different displays are occurring. Especially since there are several products with the same total content structure and yet they will display differently on the product category page.

I am totally stumped...
  • Options
    Mark_HodderMark_Hodder Administrator, Lifetime Member
    Hi, can you put CloudFlare into development mode and redo your experiments to see if it changes anything: https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200168246-What-does-CloudFlare-Development-mode-mean-
    Need Additional Help?
    - Check out the Resource Center for helpful tutorials and hints.

• Options
    I'll let you know and get back to you. Thanks :)
  • Options
    Doesn't make a difference. Still the same issue.
    I've removed the short description from many listings and placed others on 'pending review' until I can edit each one.
    I don't think I ever used the short description on my other website. Perhaps it conflicts with clip cart? I dunno...
  • Options
    Ok can you click my name and the message link to send me a WP admin login so I can poke around. It'll be best to leave CloudFlare in development mode while checking this out too.
    Need Additional Help?

• Options
    Resolution: Remove HTML from WooCommerce Product Short Description box.
    Need Additional Help?

This discussion has been closed.