Unfortunately due to other commitments, we are no longer able to provide support for these themes.

All our themes are now free and can be downloaded by anyone to use/modify however they wish.

We want to thank all our users for their support over the years. All the best in 2020 and beyond.

Gravity Forms Dynamic Population Not working on Richmond, but OK on Smoothpost?

brianmorganbrianmorgan Club Member, CinchPress, Feedpop, ReadyFolio, Rough Print, Smooth Post, Stage, MockFive, FoxyNews, Line it Up, Fremedy, Clip Cart, Reactiv, Derby
You can see the site I'm having issues with at: http://dev3.skypadsolutions.com - but you'll need to contact me for an admin login.

We started prototyping a site for a client using Smoothpost 2. It has a form on this page:

http://dev3.skypadsolutions.com/diary-entry-page/

The first and last name is populated automatically using Gravity Forms' dynamic population with {user:first_name} and {user:last_name} -- Right now, the site's theme is set to Smoothpost, and the fields populate fine. When changing to Richmond, they don't populate.

I've tried disabling all of the plugins except Gravity Forms, but that doesn't do the trick.

Also tried to put Gravity Forms into No Conflict mode. No luck there, either.

We modified Richmond to meet the client's needs and they really like it. I'm at a loss as to why Gravity Forms dynamic fields would work on one theme, but not on the other. I set up an admin account for you so you can toggle between the two themes to see what I mean. It even affects the form preview in Gravity Forms.

Any idea what might cause this? I know it's not a plugin, since we disabled everything but Gravity Forms (base) and still had the problem.

Comments

• Options
    Mark_HodderMark_Hodder Administrator, Lifetime Member
    Weird, you can click my name and the message link to send over the admin login when you have a chance.
    Need Additional Help?
    - Check out the Resource Center for helpful tutorials and hints.

• Options
    brianmorganbrianmorgan Club Member, CinchPress, Feedpop, ReadyFolio, Rough Print, Smooth Post, Stage, MockFive, FoxyNews, Line it Up, Fremedy, Clip Cart, Reactiv, Derby
    Thank you very much. Themedy really does have the best support!
  • Options
    SOLVED: The values {user:last_name} and {user:first_name} are inserted as field defaults, not as dynamic population elements. GF is updating the documentation because it wasn't quite clear.
This discussion has been closed.