Unfortunately due to other commitments, we are no longer able to provide support for these themes.

All our themes are now free and can be downloaded by anyone to use/modify however they wish.

We want to thank all our users for their support over the years. All the best in 2020 and beyond.

Site functioning like blog ???

oliesclosetoliescloset Fremedy, Clip Cart, Tote
I just began building this new site a few months ago and 'thought' I set it up pretty much like the other one I set-up 2 years ago. BUT, although products are listed, shopping cart (woocommerce) functions, etc. it appears that the site is functioning as if it's a blog.

I recall having to change something 2 years ago to avoid/fix this problem but of course it's been so long that I no longer recall what I need to do to change this.

Can anyone help me fix this? Products are listing with the 'creation date' like a blog entry... This is an ecommerce site so I don't want that.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Mark_HodderMark_Hodder Administrator, Lifetime Member
    Can you link to the site so we can see what you mean, thanks!
    Need Additional Help?
    - Check out the Resource Center for helpful tutorials and hints.

• Options
    Sure. For example, I have noticed some screwy things in my backend where when I am organizing my nav menu and no 'product categories' show up. I've had to use the 'manage in customizer' to even be able to add product cats to the nav menu.

But I finally noticed it on the front end as well when I performed a search on the site. The products are listed as if they are blog posts showing my name and date posted. Here is a link that shows that:
    http://oliescloset.com/?s=blackhawks

• Options
    On the nav menu screen there is a "Screen Options" tab in the top right, you probably just have to click on tha tto make sure the product categories is checked off so you can see them.

You can add this CSS to hide those posted by lines:

.headline_area .byline {display: none;}
    Need Additional Help?

• Options
    CSS code did not remove the by lines.

Screen options doesn't have anything related to the categories not showing up.

I seem to recall rick anderson saying something about how to change it so it doesn't look like/function like a blog. But I no longer have a membership with BYOB :( It's been over 2 years so I don't remember how certain things need to be done that were only done once all that time ago :(
  • Options
    oh wait... damn.... I DID just find the 'product categories' in the screen options... my bad...

But the css code still isn't working.. :(
  • Options
    Glad you got the product categories, where did you add the CSS? When I look at your CSS file I don't see the code in there: http://oliescloset.com/wp-content/thesis/skins/clipcart-t2/css.css

It should be added to a new line on the very bottom of your Thesis -> Custom CSS screen.
    Need Additional Help?

• Options
    That's where I added it, at the bottom of the Thesis --> Custom CSS
    }
    .headline_area .byline {display: none; }
  • Options
    okay, I changed it to & it worked:

element {
    }
    .headline_area .byline {
    display: none;