Unfortunately due to other commitments, we are no longer able to provide support for these themes.

All our themes are now free and can be downloaded by anyone to use/modify however they wish.

We want to thank all our users for their support over the years. All the best in 2020 and beyond.

Units and Sizing. REMs please :-)

colinsafranekcolinsafranek Lifetime Member
edited June 2013 in Ideas & Theme Suggestions
I'm running WordPress version: latest
and I'm using this version of your theme: several

The framework I'm using (ie: Thesis) is: Thesis 2.0.3.1
which is at version:

Seems that the best sizing units to use nowadays, especially for responsive layouts, are the CSS3 rem units.

Good article about it here: http://snook.ca/archives/html_and_css/font-size-with-rem

Please consider integrating the rem unit approach into your thesis 2.x responsive skins.

I understand this will require customization of some of the default CSS packages that automatically insert pixel-based styles into the primary css.css stylesheet, but it would be a step in the right direction to keep Themedy skins on the forefront of responsive/adaptive wordpress design, and it would still allow less experienced designers to use pixel values within the Thesis Skin Editor interface.

Thanks for your consideration.

- Colin

Comments

• Options
    matt_hoddermatt_hodder Moderator, Lifetime Member
    edited June 2013
    Our upcoming theme (and most likely any future theme) will actually using REM sizing and allow pretty awesome control with Thesis 2.1's new features and options!
    Post edited by matt_hodder on
  • Options
    Suweet!

Thanks Matt.
  • Options
    Hey, I've been looking all over to find information on Thesis 2.1

Do you know when it's set to be released? Where can I read about it?

Thanks
  • Options
    Hi again Matt.

I found the info I was looking for on Pearsonified's twitter feed.

testing 2.1 beta now. interesting changes...

Looking forward to your next thesis skins

Thanks for all your great work.
  • Options
    I know this is a long shot, but I was wondering if you have any beta versions of any of your Thesis 2.1 skins that I could play with?

- Colin
  • Options
    Mark_HodderMark_Hodder Administrator, Lifetime Member
    Not at the moment, we're preparing them but probably won't release till 2.1 is final as the Thesis beta updates are fast and furious right now.
    Need Additional Help?
    - Check out the Resource Center for helpful tutorials and hints.

This discussion has been closed.