Unfortunately due to other commitments, we are no longer able to provide support for these themes.

All our themes are now free and can be downloaded by anyone to use/modify however they wish.

We want to thank all our users for their support over the years. All the best in 2020 and beyond.

Use of image sprites...

colinsafranekcolinsafranek Lifetime Member
edited January 2013 in Ideas & Theme Suggestions
It would be great if in future releases all social widget icons and background graphics that appear on every page could be aggregated into one optimized sprite, for page-load optimization.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    justin_wheelerjustin_wheeler Lifetime Member
    I have been wondering how image sprites work with responsive design... From my understanding it gets terribly complicated especially with the joys of Apple's retina screens.
  • Options
    matt_hoddermatt_hodder Moderator, Lifetime Member
    That's a possibility with responsive themes. The only problem is it takes away a lot customization options away from users who don't want to edit one large file just to change a graphic.

We'll weigh our options though!
  • Options
    colinsafranekcolinsafranek Lifetime Member
    Another great way to do icons is with SVGs.

Either with actual SVG files, or with a custom font. (I use the Chrome web app called IcoMoon for super light weight icon fonts).

With SVG the icons could look great on all screen sizes, and would generally (depending on their complexity) be small file sizes.

Any thoughts on that?
This discussion has been closed.